The Vine Church
Confession of Faith
1. We believe in the divine inspiration and fully accepted canon of Scriptures as originally given. The Scriptures are infallible, inerrant and the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct (II Tim. 3:16, I Corinthians 2:13)
2. We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as one God existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinguishable but indivisible (Matthew 28:19, II Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in the creation, the temptation and fall of man as recorded in Genesis, his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness (Rom. 5:12, 18).
4. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, as the savior of Man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, true God and true man (Luke 1:26-35, John 1:14-18, Isaiah 7:14 and 9: 6).
5. We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day and personally appeared to His disciples (ICor. 15:1-4, Rom. 4:25)
6. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and in the second coming in his personal, literal and bodily form (John 14:2,3 and I Thes. 4:13-18).
7. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Eph. 2:8-9, Heb. 9:12 and 22 Romans 5:11)
8. We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit to fulfill the commandment of the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:34-36, 19:1-6 )
9. We believe in baptism in the Holy Spirit as a real experience subsequent to salvation with the scriptural evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives us utterance (Acts 2:1-4, 8:14-17, 10:44-46 , Galatians 3:14-15)
10. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as detailed in I Corinthians 12-14 in the same manner as they manifested in the early church.
11. We believe in a Spirit-filled life, a life of separation from the world and perfecting holiness in the fear of God as an expression of true Christian faith (Ephesians 5:18, II Corinthians 6:14, 7:1)
12. We believe in the healing of the body by the power of God, or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the early church (Acts 4:30, Romans 8:11, I Corinthians 12:9, Jam. 5:14)
13. We believe in the Lord’s table for believers, commonly called the Lord’s Supper or communion of the Lord (I Corinthians 11:28-32, Mt 26:26-28)
14. We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment in the lake of fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Matt. 25:41, Rev. 20:14-15)
We believe in eternal life for believers and eternal punishment for unbelievers (John 5:24, 3:16, Mk. 9:43-48, II Titus1: 9, Revelation 20:10-15)
We believe there is one universal church, composed of genuine believers, but this one universal Church is composed of many local churches. These churches are under the leadership of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising autonomous government under Him, administering all its local activities as well as the spread of the gospel. (Acts 15:22 with Matthew 16:18 and 18:15-20)